Sustainable Living at The HeightsLet’s face it: we’ve only got one home, and we have not been treating her very well. We now know the Earth is not an inexhaustible treasure, and humanity is quickly depleting her resources. Individually, we can help heal the planet. There are literally thousands of changes we can implement that will make an incremental impact. Rather than be overwhelmed by this, our advice at The Heights is don’t sweat the small stuff! Instead, focus on what you can change and work toward a greener tomorrow — join us today and do our part to conserve our resources!
- Remote controlled ceiling fans in all bed andSustainable Living living rooms.
- Low or no VOC paints used on all walls.
- FSC-certified wood used in new cabinet doors.
- Exclusive use of compact fluorescent and LED light bulbs.
- New hard surface flooring and countertops used.
- Window caulking and weather stripping completed as part of renovations.
- ENERGY STAR-rated appliances.
- Super low-flow toilets, and faucet aerators.
- HVAC units changed out to more efficient and ozone-friendly 410A condensers.
- Front-loading ENERGY STAR-rated washing machines.
- Compact fluorescent or LED security light bulbs.
- Most construction debris is recycled or donated.
- Xeriscaping using local area plants plus granites and stones.
- Mature trees and shrubs preserved or added during construction.
- Free on-site bike racks.
- No animal products or by-products are served at our resident events or in our marketing events.
- Property is located within walking and biking distance of local attractions, and bus stop provides easy access to the city of Ft Worth.
- We operate a paperless office and reduce paper, ink, and office supplies with on-line technology
- Green Energy Apartments in Fort Worth, TXMarketing materials and business documents are printed with recycled materials.
- Cleaning supplies are selected to be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Reusable water bottles and coffee mugs used to reduce office waste.
- All paper products used are made from a minimum of 30% post-consumer recycled materials.
- Double-sided printing is employed when possible, and if not, the paper is used for scratch paper after its initial use.
- Recycled toner cartridges utilized and recycled after use whenever possible
Did You Know?
- Breathing in Mexico City’s contaminated air is said to be as damaging as smoking two packs of cigarettes every day.
- Ninety-nine percent of the molecules in your body are water molecules.
- The Earth has less than half the forest cover it had 1,000 years ago.
- Nationwide, it costs about $100 per ton to incinerate garbage, $90 per ton to put it in a landfill, and $40 per ton to recycle it.